View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2009, 16:45   #21
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The (sad) future of cricket

Quote:
I made an ironically humorous post playing on the ignorance that you've just implied is the reason for these forums being dead.
Yeah, I'm a bit like you to be honest - in that I consider these forums shit so I'll make shit posts. But not in threads I make, on topics I care about!!!!!

Putting on my "how to be a good poster hat" though, your post correcting lokken would have been ironically humourous, and decent, if you'd put a winky face after the correction, and contributed something else to the topic of debate.

As it is you entered the thread, seemingly read it all (must have bored you to death if you don't actually like cricket), and found something to nitpick over (I'm pretty sure lokken knows that united isn't a city!!!). I feel my reaction is justified!

To be honest, even when the pa forums were very active and booming, the GD community was utter shit (no surprise it's gradually died). I think we're on the same page kenny, lets kiss and make up - and agree not to make our points in each others' threads

Quote:
I think another factor about the state of Test cricket in England is that Test matches should not be played early in the season, especially up north at Chester-le-street
I don't think that matters much - sure attendances would be low, but the mini test series was always going to be a nothing-series. You need a bare minimum of 3 tests (ideally 5) for a proper series, and also windies are shit. So in a way I'm happy they put a meaningless series like this outside of the main cricketing season.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote