View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 21:45   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: P2P downhill in UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Yes indeed I am using it emotively. I'm appealing to emotions.
Protip, that generally means you don't have a strong logical argument. But I see you've figured that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I would say that murder is a theft of someone's life, imprisonment is the theft of someones freedom, humiliation (such as at Ahu Graib) is a theft of someones dignity, file sharing is a theft of value. I'm not equating murder and file sharing, I'm explaining my use of the word 'theft.'
You know how sometimes people quote someone and use a variation on "English mother****er, do you speak it?" to imply that what they're quoting is nonsensical?

I don't need to use a variation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I do care that so many of you file share, but what bothers me most about it is your convenient (and false) apology so readily provided in the face of someone, acurately, pointing out your moral blunder.
Apology? What? English mo wait I've done this bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Just admit what you're doing is wrong.
Why? The first thing I'll do when I actually finish the damn film I'm working on is to put it up on some file sharing networks (not literally the first thing, mind you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You're taking something you ought to pay for in order to enjoy it for free.
To say I enjoy many of the things I download is going a bit too far. I don't think ANYONE enjoyed Alone in the Dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I imagine if there were no one guarding a store and no security equipment the lot of you would walk in and take whatever it is you want.
That IS theft, well done!

And no, I wouldn't. Because that would be depriving someone of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You take because there are no consequences for taking.
I download things because I might like what I'm downloading, or because it's easier than getting it from another source (eg: new TV episodes, as I generally don't have the flexibility to schedule my time around something so inflexible). Sometimes I download things because they're not available in this country.

If you actually believe this tripe you're writing, I implore you to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I don't take because I'm guided by moral principles.
I find this insulting, and quite, quite nonsensical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I believe those of you who fileshare are not only morally inferior, but also either self-delusioned or outright deceitful because of your unwillingness to admit the wrongness of your actions.
So, ignoring the fact that I almost certainly have paid for more media than you, am perfectly willing to share my output with society, and in any case have commented that file sharing improves the lot of obscure bands who, it is claimed, are the one to suffer most, I'm an evil pirate.

Yarrrrrr.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote