View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 13:31   #51
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Should be Taught in Schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Have you done any recruitment before? I'm not entirely sure how a large company would filter down 1000s of application forms to even 100 or so, from completely qualititative data.

"Essential Criteria Application Forms" (i can't remember the correct term off hand)- They're what get used in my work (and i suspect the rest of the civil service). Basically they're "Give us an example, including outcome, of a time you met the specific criteria". So for each job you'd have say 4 criteria that need to be met.

As a specific example the criteria for a job i recently applied for were:

* Capable of fostering good working relationships within all departments within the Glasgow office.

* Good report drafting skills and working knowledge of using Microsoft applications, in particular Word and Excel to provide descriptive reports and statistical information

* Capable of coping under pressure and ensuring information is obtained and reported accurately within set deadlines

* Ability to act on own initiative with limited supervision

So i wrote down my answer using specific events (not academic achievement).

By using this approach you can tell if a person actually has the required experience to do a job rather than "Have you revised for exams in the past". Personally i think this way is probably better and that's from the person with probably one of the best academic records in my office.

As to the number's question ... There was recently recruitment for Interviewing Officers for the ABI project. 40,000 applications were received for approximately 600 jobs. So ...