Thread: Are you ready?
View Single Post
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 02:37   #93
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Are you ready?

Are you calling yourself stupid?

I'm not telling him that he's stupid because I believe it will stop him being stupid. If there is the smallest possiblity that bringing to his attention the fact that he sounds like an idiot will stop him spouting this shite, then it's worth the effort. If I can save one individual from being indoctrinated by his potentially very dangerous nonsense, then it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I have found that intelligent people don't waste their time telling other people they are stupid.

If you really think they are stupid, you won't accomplish anything. Essentially you don't cure a person of stupidity by bringing it to their attention.

One either instructs or ignores.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote