Thread: Are you ready?
View Single Post
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 02:05   #89
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Are you ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Sorry but I live in a country where we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH so no that will NEVER happen. I am getting rather tired of the censorship against values and morality.

I was arguing a basic principle. You don't have to be a genius to see how precise the universe is but you do have to be a moron to believe in random chance. God did not gamble with eternity and one day science will prove that once the scientists stop trying to disprove God.
In my humble (but extremely well-informed) opinion, you do not know enough about physics to argue anything about the basic priciples of it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion on matters that are matters of opinion, but you are saying things that are demonstrably false.

Free speech is fine, but you should be aware that you sound like an idiot. I am exercising my right* to free speech when I tell you that I think you are formidably stupid.

You can say what you like about your personal moral codes, but I recommend that you stay the hell away from physics.

In answer to your post:

1. What in God's name do you mean by 'how precise the universe is'?
2. You have to be a moron to make the statement 'you do have to be a moron to believe in random chance'. What are you basing that on? Don't even get me started on quantum mechanics.
3. Science will never prove the existence of the God you believe in, because Christianity is faith-based. A fundamental part of your religion is that you're supposed to believe without proof. If God's existence can be proven, the God whose existence is proven is not the God you worship.
4. Scientists are not out to prove that God doesn't exist. I personally, as a scientist, do not believe in the non-existence of God. The scientific method makes no assumptions about the existence of God.

*As a side note, I mean the right extended to me by society. I don't actually believe in rights, per se.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote