Thread: Are you ready?
View Single Post
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 14:49   #75
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Are you ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
So what you're saying is that you don't understand what you're arguing against but golly gosh you're going to shout and scream and rant and rave anyway?

Yes, good luck with that.
I am so sorry. You are unable to distinguish between understanding and calculation. Perhaps a few more years at university can correct that. Here are some definitions to help you:

understanding
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
un‧der‧stand  /ˌʌndərˈstænd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhn-der-stand] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -stood, -stand‧ing.

–verb (used with object) 1. to perceive the meaning of; grasp the idea of; comprehend: to understand Spanish; I didn't understand your question.
2. to be thoroughly familiar with; apprehend clearly the character, nature, or subtleties of: to understand a trade.
3. to assign a meaning to; interpret: He understood her suggestion as a complaint.
4. to grasp the significance, implications, or importance of: He does not understand responsibility.
5. to regard as firmly communicated; take as agreed or settled: I understand that you will repay this loan in 30 days.
6. to learn or hear: I understand that you are going out of town.
7. to accept as true; believe: I understand that you are trying to be truthful, but you are wrong.
8. to construe in a particular way: You are to understand the phrase literally.
9. to supply mentally (something that is not expressed).
–verb (used without object) 10. to perceive what is meant; grasp the information conveyed: She told them about it in simple words, hoping they would understand.
11. to accept tolerantly or sympathetically: If you can't do it, I'll understand.
12. to have knowledge or background, as on a particular subject: He understands about boats.
13. to have a systematic interpretation or rationale, as in a field or area of knowledge: He can repeat every rule in the book, but he just doesn't understand.

calculation
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
cal‧cu‧la‧tion  /ˌkælkyəˈleɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kal-kyuh-ley-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. the act or process of calculating; computation.
2. the result or product of calculating: His calculations agree with ours.
3. an estimate based on the known facts; forecast: Her calculation of the building costs proved quite accurate.
4. forethought; prior or careful planning.
5. scheming selfishness.

It really will get better. Be Blessed.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote