View Single Post
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:45   #106
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: wakey the dramaqueen

People seem to have this idea I'm slandering 1up, which is something that simply isnt true. If some of you actually bothered to go and do some reading, especially of the thread that started this all you would see that in that in these 'reping' issues that come up against 1up I'm always supporting them. There is a small number in 1up whom do partake in the overzelous normally unjustifed neg repping of people, these are the minority and dont represent the masses BUT due to their actions there is a feeling around that all 1up members are all like that.

When the issue errupted again and myself and others defended 1up over the claims only for me to receive once such 'problem' neg rep from Idler. Here was someone from the very group people were trying to defend neg repping me and potentially others for that very thread. As I said in the first mail to him if hes done it to others on the thread hes just pouring fuel on the fire and he more than deserved his pm for reinforcing the sterotype that helps put alot of people from posting frequently and at times at all on these forums

Now the issue wasnt that he neg repped me, I get my fair share of unsigned neg reps and I dont chase them up (the odd rep i do chase up, for example Nadar's are signed and are comments on something ive done from a modding pov such as closing a thread like Nadars neg rep of me) The issue was that someone with strong ties to a group whom when it comes to these forums has a very negative image of being hostile and missusing the rep system to drive people off the boards chooses to start handing out neg rep on a thread on the issue its just reinforcing a belief that isnt true and needs countered to get people posting

Now lets just make sure people are clear We have a thread complaing about unjust neg rep - We have people trying to defend 1up as group - we then have someone who has strong ties to 1up doing on that thread what people are compaining about. Its my duty to pull idler up on what hes done wrong as thats part of what our job as mods is. If someone else had reported it and id looked it up in the mod section and found it was him(which in this case i didnt do as i cant help but see mine) he would have got almost the exact same mail from me

And remember that it wsnt me who is dragging 1up's name through the mud, I kept my convo with idler to PM, he decided to publish the private conversation. If i wanted to do this in public and if i felt it was an 1up in general thing id have brought it up on the original thread but I didnt. And all ive done on this thread is respond to comments people have made to try and explain my point which idlers initial post doesnt do rather perfering to twist things to sgift attention from his actions
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 13 Jul 2006 at 23:56.