View Single Post
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 12:55   #63
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Spelling equals intelligence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Yeah, I'm going to have to ask how you controlled your variables there. I'm aware of how extremely difficult it is to rule out enviromental factors even when youre considering something relatively simple like susceptability to various illnesses, so I find it very very hard to believe that anyone has done a solid study that links academic performance to genetics, while managing to rule out upbringing.

Even if there were biological differences in (eg) learning ability, I would be prepared to bet very large sums of money that they were vastly outweighed by the differences caused by upbringing., except in extreme cases. Get an above average child and put him in a poor family that does nothing to stimulate intelligence, and get a slightly below average child who is born into a family that does everything possible to develop his mental capacities from an early age. I know who I would pick to get the best grades at school.
I think you missed the point somewhat there. I was deliberately referring to inconsequential actions because s|k had already stated that he rejected the notion of seemingly consequential actions early in a child's life. Things like whether he eats salt and vinegar crisps or cheese and onion, whether he uses a sony television or a samsung one.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote