View Single Post
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 13:14   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Saddams death, tragedy or great victory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I think that the execution will give those who have suffered at his hands (either directly or through relatives) a sense of justice.
I disagree with that. Saddam has been executed for the mass-murder in Dujail in 1982. He has not been convicted for the countless other incidents. So in essence it has not been acknowledged that he was also responsible for other murders. In that sense it might not bring closure for the relatives of the victims of other incidents under his regime.

I therefore also disagree with the execution of Saddam at this moment. I think it would have been better if they continued with the trails and also had him convicted for the other crimes he committed.

I'm also particularly curious what this does to the stability in Iraq.