Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 20:55   #5
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Animal Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Why? And what do you mean by feel pain anyway?
I think a decent way to describe pain would be to define it as a negative physical sensation. If a creature is in physical pain then it's repsonses are altered.

You could argue that animals do not feel pain and their actions are just an automated response but I have seen no evidence for that and I'm not sure you could prove that anyway. Would that be the same for a mouse as it is for an ape?

If you agree that humans should be spared physical pain when possible and that humans are not intrinsically different from other animals then I do not see why the same rule should not be applied to animals.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote