Thread: Blogs
View Single Post
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 16:00   #6
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
Use your time productively. Plan your career. Research additional training. Read up on work-related stuff. I don't mean you need to do that ALL the time but Jesus Christ don't just veg.

It may seem hard to believe but I have completely run out of productive stuff to do.

I already have a few different ideas on what I want to do in the future, costed them, and worked out what I need to do to make each happen. Will just depend on what happens over the next few years. I am tied to a training contract with three years left and as I want to complete this there isn't much freedom for me to do anything for the forseeable future.

I've already researched and asked work about getting the little bits of training I could do with; my entire job is a training contract for the ICAEW so beyond specifics like the Lloyds of London market exam or computer software training (already requested and had) there isn't much I can do. I've already done the training then for my next exams (I got caught in the middle of a syllabus change so with the next two exams for my intake I have an exemption for one and the other one is 80% the same material as the last exam I sat and passed comfortably. The difference isn't particularly relevant to the area of audit I am doing, and I will also have a two week revision intensive revision course right before the exam so not much point me going through that).

I already read up on work related stuff through quite a few of them blogs, The Economist, Accountancy Age, and the FT.

I've planned my holidays for the next year.

Researched all activities in my area that I am interested in to check for prices, times, locations etc... and started contacting those running them so I can get involved.

Booked tickets, and organised who to go with, for every sport or music event that I want to go to in the next six months. (I'm slightly worried by the last two points, I now have way too much of my free time already planned out heh)

Spent ages researching different items to furnish my new place.

The worst bit though is knowing you have absolutely nothing to do is mind numbing and depressing. Actually trying to get out of bed and to work knowing that you are unlikely to do anything which couldn't be done in the house. Just makes it immensely difficult to motivate yourself to do pretty much anything else.