View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 18:01   #47
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NFI Statement on todays political shifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Bugger I gave U a free point!
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Well clearly NFI nap'd to CT and ND = a block, and Asc/App are your opponents, I left out osiris because they seem to have sort of given in without Santa. That Asc is NAPed with ND is clearly not relevant since fighting centers upon NFI's position, and ND can influence things just as well by hitting App as Asc.
Clearly A NAP shouldnt really equal a block as its not an offensive alliance but a non aggression pact but for as long as I can remember NAP has been synonymous with blocking in this game. Its rarely as simple as A B and C vs X Y and Z, but its usually portrayed as such. This is one such instance where the lines are not neatly drawn, but blocks do exist.
And for good measure if we were to add osiris in then its NFI/ND/CT vs Asc/App/Osi but still 3/2 in terms of relative strength.
Well, you're right I guess. Once NAP'd it's generally easier to work with somebody after having established the basis for a relationship. Also, from what I gathered Osi joining your war on us was originally because your side (either asc or app) had laughably convinced them that at some point we were going to mass-target osi, and that joining you was the only way to prevent it. They joined as a pre-emptive measure, rather than a reactionary one - I don't think they're about to fall for the same trick twice though.

Besides, we're hitting App because they wanted to challlenge us for roundwin. I think they've seen now that it wont happen - there's talk of them giving up on all but lolwaving our top planets - and are just trying to ensure that we don't win either. So naturally, NFI are interested in hitting them. I don't know what NewDawn's take on it is, nor do I expect CT will be helping us team on App all the while they have their own incoming to deal with.

As tzu said, CT didn't join in the free-for-all on NFI so we've agreed to a non-aggressive-pact as to prevent us hitting their planets either on solo attacks or in galraids. It's far more effort than it's worth to chase somebody down and get them to recall a solo attack on a friendly alliance than it is to just take advantage of the hardcoded system available ingame, no?