View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 16:37   #43
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NFI Statement on todays political shifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
normally ppl underestimate rather than overestimate the number of incs, i remember quite often thinking omg that was a terrible night, must have been 150 fleets and when added up it only really comes to 90-100.
Or have U gotten to the point where you no longer need to big up the opposition in order to convince ppl ur really the ones ganged up on (in spite of things currently being basically 3 vs 2), ie it no longer matters ur gonna walk it whatever anyone thinks?
I think you might have your overs and unders mixed up in terms of making your estimates, but yeah - that happens to all of us :P

I think you're just mistaking me for somebody who's trying to put an angle on something - if I were to manipulate the facts and numbers then somebody would undoubtedly call me on the bluff. mz, for example, who seems to know everything about every round of PA to the point he's a scary person, would certainly 'set me straight' if I were to exaggerate numbers (as he's just done with HaNzI).

Hard as it may be to swallow, I was simply correcting a couple of mistruths, rather than try to have any vast influence over anyone.

I'd also suggest that anyone basing their decisions/ambitions/goals on what is said on the forums propobably shouldn't be in a position to make decisions or set ambitions or goals beyond an individual level. With the exception of extreme examples, i.e. public declarations of wars/excessive abuse directed at one person or alliance... that kinda thing. But you get my point.

Just out of curiosity, who are the 'two' that are versus my apparent 'three'?