View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 16:25   #40
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold
Re: NFI Statement on todays political shifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
However, if you're only interested in getting big numbers in the PA spreadsheet, then perhaps, yes, napping as many alliances as possible is the best move to make.
Ah yes, the internet spreadsheet reduction. In what way does winning the round (rather than just getting a high rank) transcend this rather irksome realisation that every PA achievement outside of ****ing one of the female members at a meet, is subject to being boiled down to "uh, yeah, but dude.... it's just a box in excel lol"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Me, I play this game to enjoy myself. Napping the #1 alliance and gal raiding for the remainder of the round does not fit my definition of "fun".
Cool. We're in different situations though aren't we... For ascendancy, this might be incredibly boring because you don't get enough inc to trouble you and the raids don't pose a challenge. A block war would be much more exciting for you. For me, if CT joined with you to hit NFI/ND, what would likely happen is a short conversation between NFI and ND would result in a few nights of inc completely obliterating my alliance in the very understandable hope that we would probably drop out of the block. I guess you could call this a "challenge" for us to overcome, and that if we were to show a little "initiative" we might be able to use our 5 anti BS def fleets to repel the 8 billion waves of incomming; but if I'm honest, I think a war with ODDR + constant app/asc inc is enough of a challenge already thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Short-sighted.
No, it's not short sighted because it's not the sole reason for why we didn't sign up with you to hit NFI. It just wasn't exactly the best incentive to overlook the fact that we'd essentially be helping you in your goals whilst neglecting ours.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote