Thread: Arguments
View Single Post
Unread 31 Mar 2008, 14:50   #6
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Paul Graham is a genius and one of my favourite people on the internet, basically every essay on that site is worth reading.

Yeah but I still can't forgive him for patenting continuation-based web servers when he worked at Yahoo, though. His main retort on reddit was, "if you're angry about this then you don't understand how patents work."

I suspect he means that Yahoo wouldn't sue because if they did they'd bring emphasis on all the other dubious patents they hold, patents which increases Yahoo's market-value. But nevertheless he's disregarding how companies use patents as threats (see microsoft recent ambiguous patent threats), and how companies have used dubious patents to sue other companies out of the market (see blackboard versus desire2learn).
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote