Thread: Ascrime
View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2009, 19:58   #43
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Ascrime

Something else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Essentially by hitting Apprime up to this point we have created a three horse race in the final stages of the round. We're pitting Apprime's activity against a simple test for CT and p3nguins, which is whether they can cooperate.
(Earlier: Light talking to asc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Now you're holding the block together, as you know if it disbands early.. we'll be coming for you.
Funny. Light/App is just an example here, not my point, just happened to be there. See, its funny how apparently Asc are one of the more roidable alliances at the moment, and still seem to get to boss around what supposedly is the best alliance this round - let alone the rest. I don't know if its just poor marketing on Apprime side, or if they really did have to swallow their pride by taking the chance for a nap when it was given to them by asc, but that has to hurt. At least, judging from all the posts here you'd almost forget that Apprime is actually the stronger side of the two.

Talk that nobody else could possibly lead the block is of course ridiculous and pure and utter bullshit. And yet, with every post like that it becomes a little bit more true. It all depends on what you believe, and right now it seems that you all believe(d) only Asc can light the way for you, while in all truth that is mainly because you gave them the flash light yourself. By talking asc up so much, you make asc more powerful than they in fact really are, and asc has made brilliant use of it. Well, up until this point - I think this NAP was a good show of power by Asc but also quite possibly it could have single-handedly ended the bulk of Ascs true power this round. After all, their real trump cards are now spent, and we all seem to have the same deck now. Now is the chance for another alliance to show their worth (or lack thereof).

In my opinion, quality players and such aside, pure black and white (and thus by definition faulted due to being oversimplified) - I think asc was just as powerful this round as everybody made them. And evidently, that was a lot. But you only have yourselves to blame. Reputation proves to be a powerful tool, and while this nap is certainly in App's benefit, it cost them a bunch of it. At least, that is if you read the posts in this topic. Via them, one could come to the conclusion that the current #7 alliance has single-handedly manipulated the top 3 into their current situation - which is of course also ridiculous. Right?