View Single Post
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 10:46   #111
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 32 Predictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo View Post
Imho, you are only doing this BG thing now, because you know if Asc had a full tag everyone would be gunning for you. And not let you get away with it like last round.

A smart move, in a round where the other BGs have gone back to big alliances. But a move made for one thing, to save your own skins. Giving up one round of being the clear winner, to get some credit back from the community.
But this clearly isn't the case as the current situation is purely down to a few senior players' frustrations as to the way we were playing. There were certainly a good number of those in Ascendancy last round not fit to wear the shirt, and some who I think were plain unlucky to be removed.

Our clear concern is playing planetarion in a way that we see as competent, with players who are tough opponents, but fair ones. The only public image issue is that while there are people who plainly dislike us, coming across well to the community (particularly on here) is also important to us. If we were being 'strategic' we'd probably have a stronger complement than we do now; I see this as simply a bit of good housekeeping. If we end up not winning, so what - we don't become bad players because of one round. On the other hand that doesn't mean we're going to pass up opportunities to win either.

Quote:
Altho SPOOOON was indeed great last round, it only takes 2 nights of heavy incs to roid us to the ground. Sometimes it doesnt matter how much you try to avoid fighting the utterly gay #1, they see roids, and they get hungry.

I sincerely hope the same thing happens to asc this round, and imo you have it easy with a 70 member limit vs 40+ in asc as opposed to 90 vs 30. If only to make sure that everyone who played last round in a BG remembers.
Well I don't think you were perfect by any means but you were certainly playing in a way that was logical. If there was one flaw it was that you didn't get involved enough in trying to make it an Ascendancy against xVx fight. Persuading the BGs or whoever to be a bit more savvy and willing to switch sides keeps you far more safe in that situation because Ascendancy and xVx are far more concerned with each other.

As for the numbers issue, we had lots of people going one ship class which made the situation really bad with being outnumbered. The current stats should mitigate that a lot. I think the stats favoured the BGs last round quite handsomely by the way, as beyond 'swamp Ascendancy' they couldn't think of anything that was particularly out of this world. They clearly favoured a certain limited way of playing which gave us (and everyone else) less chance to be a bit more inventive. Last round was just a who had more than who game, and I think we can have better rounds than that. So numbers will be less of a factor, but I'll state again: if you set up your politics to make those kind of numbers exist with the game as it was you have to question your strategy. I certainly questioned Ascendancy's when we had 400 planets against us.

Last edited by lokken; 27 Jun 2009 at 19:55.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote