View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 16:02   #48
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Working with a sex offender, could you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
Never, but mutilating somebody for something they have done will not change that, and mutilating somebody for something they might do in the future is in my eyes very wrong. Besides, where would you draw the line? And can you be sure that there is no miscarriages of justice? The deathpenalty, as you've used as a example, has been used on innocents before and will be again. Do you really think its worht mutilating even one innocent if it stops 1000 rapes?

And why do you think it acts as a deterent? This is just my opinion, but if you rape or abuse a child you got a serious mental problem. Do you think that a mental problem can be cured just by a piece of paper? The US got the death penalty and very high prison sentences, does it stop even regular crimes?
Is it a mental illness or a sick fetish? Thats a good question.
Lets ask the little girl who has to see a councillor through no fault of their own.

Where did I say a piece of paper will cure the individual?
My concern that the childs protection is paramount... the individual comes 2nd.

Where did I say that the legal system is flawless?
I did say that this should be reserved for the repeat offender than will be seen as "beyond redemption"
To say that a man can be convicted wrongly once... plauseable
To say that a man can be convicted wrongly twice... highly unlikely
To say that a man can be convicted wrongly 3 times?

we must have have an incompentent legal system for this to happen.
which by the way unlike the death penalty the convicted dont die (and can only be tried once)
If they have previously went to jail, served their time and still are willing to do the deed. Then you know things are at dire straights.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote