View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 14:55   #45
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Working with a sex offender, could you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
It does act as a detterent, I never said it would erradicate child abuse any steps to reduce it should be considered. At what point should the offender have priority over the victim/innocent?
Never, but mutilating somebody for something they have done will not change that, and mutilating somebody for something they might do in the future is in my eyes very wrong. Besides, where would you draw the line? And can you be sure that there is no miscarriages of justice? The deathpenalty, as you've used as a example, has been used on innocents before and will be again. Do you really think its worht mutilating even one innocent if it stops 1000 rapes?

And why do you think it acts as a deterent? This is just my opinion, but if you rape or abuse a child you got a serious mental problem. Do you think that a mental problem can be cured just by a piece of paper? The US got the death penalty and very high prison sentences, does it stop even regular crimes?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote