View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 13:28   #38
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Working with a sex offender, could you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Claims like this are interesting because while theyy sound plausible enough, it seems that they cant possibly be supported by any real evidence. How exactly are you going to discover the number of undiscovered rapes?

I suspect these groups use very different definitions of 'rape'. For example, I wouldnt be surprised if most women's support groups used a more broad definition than most people, which includes things like sex with drunk girls and so on. Also, a court of law is going to demand far more evidence than a crisis centre before they beleive that someone has actually been raped, many of whom I suspect would accept the alleged victim's testimony without much further questioning.

"Rape" has become a fairly meaningless word these days, since its been diluted by fringe lunatics who want to lump as much under it as possible. You cant really get anywhere in these sort of discussions until youve forced the other person to define exactly what they are calling rape (and why).
That was my point. The fallback rate of regular criminals is much higher then rapists/sex offenders on paper, but why would they be rehabilitated by prison while a bankrobber or shoplifter would not? I mean sexoffenders as in people who actually offends, just to clear that up. There cant be any meaningfull debate on how to stop rapers before they actually find out who rape who and why. Judging from the jist of things, its not the balaclava wearing hoodlum in the park thats the most common rapist, and thus any big effort against that group would probably not do any good.

The definition is changed all the time, but for me, SK's is the correct one. No or in such a state as she cannot be fully aware = rape. If you **** a deaddrunk girl and she complains about it later, you made your own bed etc.

Fringe groups always do that to words, you know. Most of the middleclass "revolutionary" left runs around calling everything that disagrees with them fascism, that makes it really hard to identify and combat proper fascism etc. Groups that are so extreme should just be ignored, as there are crazy womens group out there (penetration = rape, all girls are really lesbian just brainwashed etc)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote