View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 05:01   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Working with a sex offender, could you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
Statistics for sex offenses (rape, paedos and that kind of stuff) is very hard, since most cases arent reported and/or never discovered..
Claims like this are interesting because while theyy sound plausible enough, it seems that they cant possibly be supported by any real evidence. How exactly are you going to discover the number of undiscovered rapes?

Quote:
Official statistics in Norway says there are 300-400 reported rapes a year, and proven about 150 (If my memory serves me correct). Govermental agencies sometimes claim about 1000, while crisis centres and womens support group says about 9000, and thats just women. Who is to be belived?
I suspect these groups use very different definitions of 'rape'. For example, I wouldnt be surprised if most women's support groups used a more broad definition than most people, which includes things like sex with drunk girls and so on. Also, a court of law is going to demand far more evidence than a crisis centre before they beleive that someone has actually been raped, many of whom I suspect would accept the alleged victim's testimony without much further questioning.

"Rape" has become a fairly meaningless word these days, since its been diluted by fringe lunatics who want to lump as much under it as possible. You cant really get anywhere in these sort of discussions until youve forced the other person to define exactly what they are calling rape (and why).

Last edited by Nodrog; 12 Jul 2006 at 05:09.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote