View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 00:03   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Working with a sex offender, could you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
yeah but id be worried they'd harm me (unless we're talking about the non violent type of bank robber)
Really? In the average sense I don't think it would for me. I've only met one ex-bank robber once, and he didn't seem particularly threatening (he was kind of old though).
Quote:
the likelyhood that anyone who was convicted of such a crime would be kept in prison till they no longer presented a threat
You have more faith than most in the criminal justice system. Doesn't rape have one of the highest recidivism rates? In addition to this, I have no idea how you could convincingly say that someone was no longer a threat, unless they had undergone some physical transformation.
Quote:
i can honestly say in all rationality i wouldn't be pack my family in the car and move if my neighbour was a convicted sexoffender.
Well, no. But there's an issue of risk management for most people. If I know someone is a reformed alcoholic I don't unnecessarily offer them booze or ask them to look after my drinks cabinet (for their benefit and mine) and if someone was a reformed child molestor I'd probably not ask them to look after my children. To be fair, this is the same if they were convicted of certain types of murders.

There's a bit in "The Woodsman" when the main character (Kevin Bacon) a released child molestor is having a conversation with his brother-in-law and the brother-in-law says "OMG you should see your neice, she's so beautiful, you should see the little dresses her and her friends wear", etc. Bacon's character is obviously ashamedly excited by all this but you're left thinking of the brother-in-law ; "Dude...stfu for everyone's sake."
Quote:
The terms that are used to label individuals are so broad as to be nearly meaningless id much rather have Graham Rix as a neighbour than the now dead boss of enron
Well I'd not really care about either. I'm pretty sure as much of a snake the Enron guy was it was unlikely he was going to rob my house when I was out. This is why I would agree with Nod, and as I say, I'd need to know the details of the crime that had been committed.

There are certain categories of crimes I wouldn't really be interested if they were going to reoffend. I'd simply wish they were dead, and in good conscience couldn't help them.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote