View Single Post
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 20:24   #80
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: An angry crowd is attacking the UN building

This will be my last post in this thread since it's simply become a case of you posting what ever newspaper articles you find that support your point of view without any analysis or thought about them, congratulations you managed to find editorials by people supporting Lebanon in one of the most complex situations in the world. Anyone who wanted to prove the opposite could link a bunch of right wing publications talking about the nasty Arabs with no comment, heck people could just link you Stormfront and say see white people are the best.

The Robert Frisk article is spot on but he's basically stating the obvious, a UN/NATO force going into Lebanon suits Israel it's what they want, they'll get a secure Northern border and hopefully Hezbollah disarmed, a UN force going into Lebanon is also going to get shot to bits as Hezbollah doesn't want to be disarmed, it will likely end in disaster and I hope none of our soldiers are involved. The second one seems dubious at best, a lot of what he passes off as fact is opinion or anecdotal, for example the 15 year old boy who was killed, Israel violating the border, Shebaa Farms which is not part of Lebanon it's part of Syria, the UN has rejected Lebanese claims that it ever was theirs. He also offers no solutions, preferring that we should acknowledge who is right and wrong about Israel's beginning and not talk about realistic solutions. Guess what we can't just wind up Israel nor can we have a single state for both if them, it would quickly descend into civil war, Israel may have no right to exist (In my opinion it doesn't) but it does and acknowledging that it does or doesn’t won’t help anyone. The situation there needs a realistic solution, the only one that has been put forward is the two state solution with Israel pulling everything out of the West Bank and Gaza in return for recognition and a guarantee of it’s safety, releasing all their prisoners once peace is achieved (As in Northern Ireland) and the Palestinians renouncing violence (Disarming Hamas and Hezbollah) and having huge International aid to build a credible state, tough deal on the Palestinians ? Yes but it's the best solution I've seen proposed to a tough situation. I'm not even going to comment about the Human Rights Watch one.

What is Robert Frisk's book like Jonny ? I may get it when I'm finnished what I'm reading at the moment.

Last edited by Hicks; 3 Aug 2006 at 20:31.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote