View Single Post
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 03:47   #47
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: [Christianity] A question to those of religious leanings

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Unwarranted personal attack.

One cannot prove Christianity is wrong ( in fact I'll go so far as that one cannot prove anything - you can only show supporting evidence for or against something). Much about Christian beliefs is not falsifiable, and that is one of the many reasons why I criticize it. I only said I was attacking Christianity, not that I was trying to disprove it. In any case, the burden of proof lies with Christianity, and with its adherents. So I argue. I argue in order to get at something other than 'because the bible told me so.' I argue in order to point out again and again where religious fantasy fails to explain the universe, fails to account for discrepancy. I attack Christianity because it leads to inolerant ideas, because it leads to judgement of others. There are probably a few other reasons. If you have nothing else to say other than 'you're insane' you should just stop posting because I am not going to listen to it or bother to read your posts.
I think you make a valid point here. Christianity has this appearance of being intolerent and judgemental. Christ told us "Judge not lest ye be Judged" and "Let him that hath no sin cast the first stone." Clearly Christ wanted to let us know that we were not in a position to judge. For some the Bible is easiest just to follow without thought but its not about religeon or rules...its about a real relationship with the pure undying love of Jesus. The words can only take you so far. The Bible can only teach you so much. A pastor or priest can only preach so much. Your revalation about the reality of Jesus must come directly from Jesus. Christ invited me several times before I accepted. It was not his followers that convinced me but Jesus himself that I came to know.

Now I am not saying that we sat in a coffee shop and shared a doughnut or anything but if you are willing to listen he is there wispering in your ears. He is in your dreams. He shows himself to you in unlikely places. There is no rulebook to finding Christ. No pattern to follow. No pathway to tread. Your journey to God is your own and only you can follow it. It would take several posts for me to share exactly how I came to know Christ and I am still working on writing it down but one day I plan to share my testimony about the glory of God.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote