View Single Post
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 02:59   #11
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: [Christianity] A question to those of religious leanings

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
No this is incorrect. Serious theology is pretty much not in agreement that there is a place such as 'Hell' at all in Christianity. Conditionalism (which I think is the idea that our souls are not immortal at all), universalism (everyone is going to heaven), annihilism (the unrepentent experience complete death), and other variants are in contention with traditional views (and with each other). Also I remember reading about how the notion of fire and brimstone Hell is a later invention.
There is plenty of fire in the Bible. Brimstone seem to be mostly in the King James version. Here is an example:
Luke 17:29 (King James Version)
But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Of course, Travler (a perfect 7 letters, the power of Jesus prevails!) will come in here and spew the stuff his under-educated pastor will have fed him, but pay no attention.
I have never asked my Pastor about his education but I can tell you that in our church he started out as a musician,singer, and the worship director. You can find more about Chuck at http://christtemplechurch.net/.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote