Thread: Round 26 stats
View Single Post
Unread 20 Mar 2008, 07:02   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 26 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
obviously you're trying hard not to understand. It's the amount of changes i'm questioning. Taken separately Ter DE pod becoming FR is irrelevant.
I've played ETD last round, I don't recognize any single ship, even the idea of this race is now different, with no steal ship, with high init kill ships.

At this point what i'd like to read is the idea behind those changes.
At first it seems like those stats will be tough on solo players, was the idea to boost team ups in ally ? It looks like 0 loss landings will require more bashing, is it intentional ? In general it looks like each race will be more difficult to play, no doubt pleasing the most experienced players, was it the idea ?
I'm not attacking the stat makers I just try to understand.
As mz says the stats were entirely reimagined by sun_tzu. He created the style of stats he wanted to and then we modified them. My, as I won't speak for tzu, motivation when helping to modify the stats I will explain. Basically each race should be capable of using each fleet to effectively roid something. I believe the most recent stats iteration has accomplished this. However what I wanted to avoid was an absolute gimme roiding fleet, such as zik de on zik last round. This stems from my belief that while attacking in PA should be both rewarding and fun it should not be impossible to stop.

On top of this each race should retain part of the unique identity it was intended to have because this is what makes playing the different races an enjoyable experience in and of itself. This is not always practical, a pure emp race would probably get raped blind 24/7 unless it was staggeringly overpowered for example. However as much is retained as possible. As a sidenote eitraides were redone so as to give them a sense of purpose and uniqueness as opposed to feeling like you were playing a hodgepodge of every other race.

Defence is intended to be easier. I didn't want to see a race having to dump res into anything bar attack fleets or ally eta def fleets, I think this has been accomplished. Ally eta def fleets should be capable of contribution from a wide range of sources. To elaborate slightly on what I mean I'd guess most people would say that co (or fi/co) is the best attack fleet out there. However every race has a co class ship which is either a t1 or a t2 targetter of co.

Overall my hopes were to make each race playable solo but to make defence more viable, teamups rewarded and different approaches possible.