View Single Post
Unread 7 Sep 2008, 18:19   #1
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I've just had LASEK eye surgery

To correct mild short sightedness, went with Optical Express and added Wavefront after looking at some clinical trial results.

The surgery is surreal, but painless. You can't see shit (except for a flashing orange light), but I knew the surgeon was scooping the front of my eye out with a tiny spoon. You can smell burning flesh (which goes away almost the instant the laser's turned off), but otherwise it's fine.

About an hour later, and for the next 20 hours I was in discomfort and pain. For about 36 hours I couldn't really see because if I opened my eyes I started crying like a baby. Also, I couldn't have the bandage contact lenses out after 3 days because my eyes still needed to man up, hopefully they get taken out tomorrow.

With LASEK, your eyes should continue to improve for weeks, and my sight's already legal to drive (For the first time since I was 12).

If anyone's thinking of having it done, the pain's not too bad and if you're weak you get sleeping pills or anaesthetic drops. I think it's totally worth it if my eyes don't **** up. Optical Express' Rosen Eye Clinic in Manchester has good results and I'd recommend them. I'd also recommend shelling out for wavefront (which has better results in clinical trials).

Also, I got an audiobook called 'The Prometheus Deception' by Robert Ludlum to entertain me during the blind days. The lead character, supposedly an American super-spy dumbly strolls from one self-inflicted problem to the next. I kept hoping he'd be killed for his stupidity, but unfortunately he's given an Israeli sidekick who keeps saving his ass. Maybe it'd be ok to read quickly, but as an audiobook I thought it was a bit shit.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote