View Single Post
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 16:38   #94
Zim

Zim is on a distinguished road
Re: This is why PA has no players left

So it seems as if the PA team have a choice to make. Do they cater to their dwindling "hardcore" player base? Or do they opt for an expansion strategy? I think that newer players would be more willing to purchase the product (ie credits) if they perceieved that they had just as good of a chance at being successful as the person who has played a while. And I think the person who has played a while, will be more willing to help out the newer player in an effort to make everyone in the gal as good as possible. And in the end, the new player might say to a friend "hey this game Planetarion is pretty cool, come play." I doubt that the new player will be likely to say that if they are constantly exiled from one gal to the next...ending up in a gal with not even a GC cause they all self exiled themselves (my story this round). So a random round with players forced to stick together would be hard for some hardcore players, but I think it would be a good start at getting new blood into the game. But if like you say they tried this and it failed earlier, then it may be too late to save PA anyway.