View Single Post
Unread 27 May 2010, 10:24   #39
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, and Drogba play in close to the same position though.. so I would just say Messi is the best forward\striker.

As for Xavi and Iniesta I don't have anyone better at what the do(passing, dictating the play etc.) but certainly there are other aspects of being a midfielders that others are better at(scoring goals, tackling ++).

As for goalkeeper, this is hard to say as there are a lot of good goalkeepers out there and deciding on a 'best one' is problematic. Personally I would rate Julio Cesar, Brazil's goalkeeper, just as highly as Casillas.
Drogba is a pure central deep striker, Messi often operates from the left/right and is rarely the deep striker (Ibra is or now Villa for Barca, and for Argentina it'll be Milito or Higuain). Rooney is more comparable with Ronaldo then with Messi

As for Xavi and Iniesta, both are attacking midfielders (Inieste operating from the left). Their job isn't to tackle or "defend", or atleast it's not their priority. Ofcourse for the DM position there are far better players, but both don't play on that position.

Perhaps Julio Cesar performs as highly as Casillas this season. Casillas however has been amongst the top for 10 years now, non stop. Imo he's the better keeper but ok, matter of opinion :-)

My dreamteam would be the following:

GK: Casillas
FBL: Evra (Cole as a close backup)
FBR: Maicon (with Daniel Alves and Sergio Ramos as close backup)
DC: Puyol & Terry
AML/AMR (basically attackers operating from the flanks): Iniesta and Ronaldo
MC: Xavi
DMC: Xabi alonso
Strikers: Messi a Rooney (Drogba & Higuain as backup)

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote