View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 16:25   #15
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Planetarion Suggestion/Bitch Thread - Please read & reply!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
I quit once because of lack of time. I'd like to have a planet and help out my alliance, but because slots are limited, they have a value to the alliance. If I can't log on regularly, I am of little value to the alliance and they use the slot elsewhere. Because I can't play with my friends, I don't play.

My suggestions:
1) Remove or raise ally memberlimits, or remove the support planet rule.
Most of your ideas are pretty good but I don't personally think that one actually benefits the game. There was a point where the number of viable alliances was growing and it was having a positive effect on the game. Then there was the dumb decision to up the level fairly significantly and instantly we lost a fair amount of the viable alliances as it created an upwards flow that was too quick for the flow of players coming in. Ever since then its yoyo'd between a small drop and then a rise.

Now with a reasonable limit people like yourself may lose out, but without a limit as many lose out at the other end, and tbh if you are playing none seriously then you are probably of less value to the game in general.

Also one of the biggest things people seem to continually complain about at an alliance level is the lack of command quality players which is something that the rises to the limit have contributed to and further increases or no limit at all would add to.

You see there's alot of players who on the face of things aren't considered good bets. They know no-one, have no vouches and such like meaning alot of alliances won't touch them. They would rather wait for them to join someone else, prove their worth before poaching them mid round when they know they are useful. With a limit the poaching is restricted so players rise rate is controlled which will see them alot more likely to reach a point where they feel inclined to take on command responsibility and are also alot more likely to be offered such a position. When the spaces allow more poaching to go on, these players who are becoming 'big fish in small ponds' suddenly find themselves as small fish again and find there isn't the same need for them to get involved and the desire to do so at some point can fade as they become comfortable on auto pilot in a big alliance. Certainly there's alot more ex F-Crew members in command positions that went through command training with us than there is who left before reaching this level.

Playing with friends is important and if there's a solution to allow the more casual person a chance to continue playing with friends than great but it shouldn't be at the expense of the games depth and its future
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote