View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 10:46   #4
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Planetarion Suggestion/Bitch Thread - Please read & reply!!!

I quit once because of lack of time. I'd like to have a planet and help out my alliance, but because slots are limited, they have a value to the alliance. If I can't log on regularly, I am of little value to the alliance and they use the slot elsewhere. Because I can't play with my friends, I don't play.

My suggestions:
1) Remove or raise ally memberlimits, or remove the support planet rule.

2) Simplify the stats tables. At least 3 columns are superfluous and EMP is overcomplicated. It is too intimidating to many players.

3) Improve ingame ally tools so that new allies are easier to set up.

4) Get the manual up to date.

5) Introduce achievements or medals which are kept after the round.

6) Change the scan tech tree so that new IRCless players don't have to wait 2 weeks to try out the game

7) Shorten the protection period so that new players don't have to wait 3 days to play & older players don't have to sit through the tedium of protection. Possibly even remove it and replace it with a planet building tool

8) Possibly modify prelaunch so that attacker etas appear on jgp scans. This would allow people to play the defensive game without getting up at 4am or otherwise building their lives around PA, whilst rewarding active players.

9) OMAC own a bunch of games. What about a universal passport? With achievements, cross advertisement and centralised funds.

10) Speedgames. If you get enough players, 2-3hour long games of 5 or 10 second ticks may be a good idea. They would be cheap, but have achievements as rewards and something that people who can't play a full 7 week round would be more likely to consider. Could also be a test bed for new gameplay.

11) Take advantage of 'web 2.0' and mobile browsing. Mobile tech is at the same level as PCs were when PA was popular; an ideal market. Social networking sites may be another way in (eg a facebook PA app). Nearly-free advertisement could be gained by approaching magazines who deal with mobile, online, or retro gaming.

12) Most of the above will require some kind of project manager with time dedicated for PA, and a programmer with time dedicated for PA. Successful growth would easily justify this investment, and the game should return to a low marginal cost model after these modifications.

There are a load of ways the game could be streamlined and basic gameplay could be made simpler & more accessible to attract and retain new players without compromising depth.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote