View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 08:21   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Planetarion Suggestion/Bitch Thread - Please read & reply!!!

One of the biggest issues with the game as I see it at the moment is the lack of players. We've been telling Jolt for years that the game really needs more advertisement, and then we can start listening and caring about what the new players of the game say. Now, many will say that its because of the community that PA has so few players, but when you've been lied to by the owners of the game for so long, and nothing really has been put forward in interest of the game from them, its hard for the players to get all gitty and happy about how the game is being treated and run. I've put atleast £4-500 into the game just by playing it the last few years, and if you add expenses of running your own alliance, im sure that amount gets a lot higher. Maybe round £1000 And as a customer I would atleast think that the people owning the product would want to put some effort into the game instead of just using the /ignore for several rounds.

The game itself is a tad bit to time consuming for me as I am now 28 years and in a full job, but I try to play it as much as I can.

One of the things I miss is the ability to nap alliances in game, maybe have like a political map of the universe like they have in other similar games, and to have more interaction between players. There are several good suggestions in the this part of the forum, and if you dig deep in it, you will find many good good suggestions, that everyone agreed upon, but never got made due to the difficulty the PA-Team either had with time, available coding people or simply didn't bother to take on board. I'll quickly summarize my own favorites: The ability to have more open trade between planets (These could be made public to avoid cheating), the ability to f.example have command personnel to put on ships to give the ships some improvements both defensively and attacking, and as I said, a political screen where you can declare war, declare naps etc.

Now, if you really wanted out there suggestions, I suggest you get into a dialogue with the game's creator of old Spinner, who has been interested in buying the game from Jolt, and also have a few ideas in regards to the game.

Also, it would be really nice to have a system in place so that people that come back round after round to cheat would be banned from the game forever. Not that we got a certain previous winner/cheater in mind or anything. By letting cheaters continue to play the game, or to be allowed to sign up the following round, or even worse the same! round, you are just basically saying, we accept cheaters, and we only close you if people complain.