View Single Post
Unread 22 Jan 2007, 02:02   #27
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Suggestions for Non-Stupid Weekly/Monthly magazines

I like National Geographic.

Last issue it had a story about the Amazon rainforest and the institutionalised corruption that prevails in the Brazilian government with regard to forresting et al.

It also had a story about Blue Whales (I think, they were big whales anyway) but the best thing about this was the pictures.

Next was a story about Dubai and the problems of the immigrant workforce that get ignored because the spotlight is on the glitz and glamour of the place rather than the degradation of the workers there.

There was also a story about Arctic explorers, which was the most interesting because I like Ray Mears.

It should be a testament to the magazine that I remember all the stories because usually I remember nothing of what I've read.

Also, the photography in National Geographic is of the highest standard, and I hope to take such photos in the future.

For me, if I feel like reading something, I tend to look at the journals and suchlike afforded me by my attendance at university and thus my access to Athens.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote