View Single Post
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 18:19   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: UK: Cable Broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
Virgin/NTL also gradually upgrade your internet for free too which is nice - probably once a year or so. Actually, me and JC were discussing this last time we were out (our nights out r0x0r!), how his family started on 128kb line (so download speed of 15kb/sec?) and have been upgraded for free over the years to a 2mb line. Apparently sometime soon there's a free upgrade to the 10mb service.

All in all, virgin is pretty decent...
They are now on a 10mb connection for £2 more than when we first started with NTL at 128kb back in the day. Virgin tend to roll out upgrades earlier than most other companies in my experience. I'm also now on a 10mb connection in my new house and have had no problems.

Been with Virgin/NTL for 8 years or so in total in various different houses and I've never had any issues. The speed is always pretty close to what it should be and in general the connection is stable (any downtime is infrequent and gets fixed pretty fast). The only problem is the Indian call centres but eventually you get the answer you want after you have turned your modem on and off 5 times.