View Single Post
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 13:47   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What have alliances turned into...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I'm convinced that beating eXilition isn't impossible (yes, I'm still annoyed at losing r13), but nobody seems to have figured out how to do it. Competition, for some reason, has not raised standards. There are plenty of under-achieving alliances which seem utterly incapable of understanding why eXilition are good, and how to beat them. The same mistakes get made over and over again, and it's all so sadly predictable.

I feel rather like a grumpy old man complaining about how the youngsters just don't understand things these days, but the scary thing is that the people running alliances are often veterans.
1up could have beaten exilition on every occaision but they have seemingly refused to block in the traditional sense in order to do so. Exilition are still beatable, but their massive advantage is that there are so many contenders worrying about each other and are in such a problem that they might be the ones who exilition stop winning that quality will ultimately out.

I have played a pretty poor round this time, but I have played safe, for value and pretty contained. Exilition are good because they can do that with a good level of activity - I have no wish to compete with that level of activity, nor do many. Numbers, a good BC and members who don't crash can get them. If the other contenders members knew how to play in a more contained fashion and focussed on being solid first and foremost, they'd have more than enough value to fight exilition with.