View Single Post
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 01:59   #72
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: ITT we talk about our nicknames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Serena Joy is a character from Margaret Atwoods 'The Handmaids Tale'

I changed the spelling.

That's it really.
Hi! Didnt realise you were still around! Not looked at GD for possibly years... used to post here a lot but it went lame for a while and I stopped coming in :s though I'm told it's much better now...

Remember me Sarina? I'm the guy who randomly pm'd you one day asking if you were anything to do with 'The Handmaid's Tale', you seemed really surprised someone got the reference at last I'd studied that book at AS Level English (2000-2001) and first came across you some time late in 2001 I think.

As for my own name, I quite literally made it up out of nothing, I just thought it sounded ok. Regretted this later, as it bears quite a resemblance to a certain ancient Egyptian queen who was later a main character in 'The Mummy' and/or 'The Mummy Returns', and led to everyone thinking I was a girl for a while... I made it up when signing up for Planetarion round 1 in March 2000, and for a while I was Neferti on IRC as well, but that was soon shortened to 'Nef', which evolved into Neferator in other places (used that nick for playing Command and Conquer years ago). I've also been seen as 'GhostOfNef' which greatly amused old F-Crew people I think