Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 01:14   #50
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Animal Rights

I don't like the idea of testing on human babies, but thinking about it in a detached and objective point of view, no, I don't see the problem. I reserve the right to feel horrible about the thought of doing something, even if I can find nothing objectively wrong with it.

As far as the question of whether or not we should allow it goes, I think the consensus among people in society is that too many people would feel uncomfortable with it for us to allow it. I derive that in the same way we arrive at 'thou shalt not commit murder'. I don't believe it is objectively wrong, because I don't believe in objective morals, but it's 'wrong' in society because one hell of a lot of people don't like it.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote