Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 01:36   #27
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future
Re: Animal Rights

I have always personally thought that vegatarianism was foolish, simply because it deprives the human body of a source sustenance which it was designed to take in. It is true that we have evolved into a state where we can make moral decisions about the process of killing other animals for food, but presently I see no justification against it.

On abolition of the meat industry, there would also be many economic ramifications. I'm sure you are aware of this and won't bother to go into, as it's not all that revlevent to you're argument in the way you have presented it.

An interesting note; since you do not consider us to be 'special' or a 'higher life form' as it were, does this mean that you would not consider human life to be worth more than that of an animal? Personally I would. ( I am not insinuating that you do not value human life, but this would have to be a consideration surely in not classifying humans as higher life forms).