Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 00:56   #26
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Animal Rights

Nature is something that for me is sacred. Not in a spiritual way, althought you can find many strange and wonderfull things, I do not belive its a entity that is alive on its own but more a system that has evolved and involves everything in it, and should not be tampered or destroyed nedlessy (for me, that is profit).

I'm against fur, beacause the idea of torturing these animals just for fashion is sick. I also belive that industrial farming on animals for profit is wrong, as its tampering and destroying nature too much. However, in nature, animals eat other animals. It's the cycle of life, and we (as a race) is part of it. So, ecological farming (and husbandry, hunting) is in my eyes okay.

Holding tens of thousands of chikens in a small, closed enviroment, cut out from their natural habitation and lifecycle is wrong. But killing a chiken and eating it? No. Imprisoning mink/fox for fur is wrong, but if you kill a lion in selfdefense or kill a bison for food, is using everypart of it wrong? No.

I was a vegetarian when I was younger and thought punk music was the coolest thing in the world (as was throwing rocks and eating from dumpsters) I've reconsidered my stance on veganism/vegetarism, and have adopted a more pro-eco stance. Id rather try to convince people to by ecological food, or drive 5 in a car instead of 1, then run around moralizing about them eating meat, as that would have a much greater effect on nature.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote