View Single Post
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 15:29   #114
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: R31 rumour thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRO View Post
Rank isn't always a marker for the quality/contribution of a player. You will find lower ranked players sometimes add more to an alliance as they aren't out for personal gains and contribute more(other than score) to the alliance.

Point in case, the last round i played i ended up with quite a decent rank even though i was pretty inactive, meaning that i wasn't always around at crucial defense times. I contributed a decent score to the tag but lesser ranked team mates contributed much much more.

So, putting together a team of players who have amassed decent planet ranks in the past won't necessarily mean put together they will prosper. You need a good blend.
I completely agree, futhermore those leading the ranks should also be leading the way when it comes to picking the hardest targets, send good value def etc. It will inspire the lower ranked members to do the same and motivation in this part of the alliance is very important because those are the most likely crashers.

Time and time again I've seen dc's recieving def points or equivelent there of and as a result they focus on attack ships themselfs, or alternatively have a shitty def planet. Heck in Omen they even went a step futher and put up the most easy, fat targets as a reward for their officers to pick from while the members got the rest. Things like that slowly undermine not only the authority of officers, but the whole alliance spirit and also shows the members that its ok to be selfish.. You simply don't lead by saying, you lead by doing and that is something which is damn rare in pa nowadays.

Point to case, last round Omen had (as the only other alliance than asc really) some decent zik planets. This was very valueable last round as we all know, but it never really came into play for them. Simply because these planets were painfully bad run in terms of fleetcombination. Not only that, but more often than not the ziks would just 2 fleet attack with 1 fleet unused because they already had "enough" def points to be on high prio already. If these ziks would have a) built a proper fleet b) actually defended when it mattered it might have led to c) overall alliance moral being alot higher, thus d) not losing the war.

I only saw 1 zik out of the bunch sending meaningfull def
fleets (patrikc), the 3:3 ziks were hillariously bad considering how much def they leeched. In Asc we had planets like that, sending 3 fleets to def whenever it was needed.. Quite a moral booster to see some top10 planet defending your rank 300 or whatever one I'm sure, not to mention the statement it sends to the attackers.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote