View Single Post
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 15:00   #77
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OK GD people, which book are you reading now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsby
You're just trying to insult me. Let's go back to the original scenario, shall we?
I am bringing to your attention a mistake which you have made.

I take no interest in how you choose to react to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsby
This is a hideous run-on, but it expresses a few distinct propositions.
1) I have a justified belief that your mum is fat.
2) The belief is justified by virtue of evidence (in the form of a photo)
3) Your mum is fat.
4) The photo was not of your mum, but rather of your sister.

The belief in question (as expressed in (1)) is that your mum is fat. (3) says that this belief is true. I think that's all that needs to be said on the matter. There might be some further beliefs relevent to this story, i.e. the belief that it is your mum in the photo. THAT belief would be false. But that's not the belief being evaluated.
You have made two errors. The one which I originally highlighted (Error A) and now a new one (Error B).

Error A:

The fact that Nodrog held the belief was true. Whether the belief was factually correct is unknown. Hence at the same time the belief is both 'true' and 'untrue' depending upon how you use the word. This is a common mistake to make with the English language; again I would recommend you keep a dictionary handy.

Error B:

(3) Your Mum is fat. This conclusion can not be reached.

So in conclusion ...

Please do not assume that I am insulting you merely because you happen to be wrong. We are all wrong at times. What I would ask is that you use simpler language because it seems that you confuse yourself quite easily.

I would also ask that in future when a joke is made you do not try to analyse it. Analysis can ruin the fun you see.