View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2007, 22:10   #2
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: So what do you do exactly?

Depends what you go and see.

You just have a good time. If that means you dance, then you get up in the throng and dance. If it means you stand at the bar having a good chat with mates / a girl then you talk. Maybe a mixture of the lot. If you've gone on your own because you really want to see the band, just find a good part of the bar to lean on and watch from there. (That's what I do if I really want to see a band but can't find anyone to go with). You'll make conversation with those around you or the bar staff.

I go and see a lot of funk / jazz gigs. So it's either a lot of dancing, loud and people having a good chill out, or people generally sat / stood, really watching the music being played as well as intently listening to it.

Each music has it's own following and "style of observance" (if that's even a term) I'd say just turn up with or with out people and go with the flow. If people dance, dance with, if not then don't (as it tends to make you look a tit!)

From my point of view of someone who when he's at gigs, 9% of the time is on the stage playing, you just want people to be happy and have a good time. So just do whatever feels good / relaxing and fun!

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote