Thread: Mmorpgs
View Single Post
Unread 30 May 2007, 09:12   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Mmorpgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I'd definitely agree with the assertion that "small ships are more fun than big ships"; I fly a Stiletto for the most part, although I have been known to get involved with Covops/Recons/Dictors and the like.
I love my Stiletto. I'm pretty damn specialized in Minmatar ships and guns, so compared to many others, my Stiletto is more than the normal interceptor. I used to hunt people using bots/macros while npcing. They always fly a Raven and since they're missile (torpedoes) based I have no problem flying faster than their torpedoes. These bots are designed to log off at once anyone enters local though, so catching them are very damn hard. I managed to catch one of them once and was doing well at taking him down by myself. Suddenly he opened fired and started nossing me (nosferatur, capacitor drainer) and jamming (so I couldn't lock). I was like 'WTF this is not a macro, there's a player behind this ship!" and ran like **** when I realized he had fitted cruise missiles as well (which is faster than my ship). I got out on 90% structure or something
Quote:
Unfortunately, in most battles against BoB small ships are useless, as one of their titans will be doomsdaying you post haste if there's a chance they'll even kill one of you. Either that or they'll send in other supercapitals. Between that and the lag it makes most large battles an exercise in frustration, but occasionally everything will go smoothly (in terms of lag, at least) and the potential of the game really shines through.
Yeah, there's no way you can tank a Titan's doomsday in a ceptor I hate large fleet battles and try avoiding them as much as possible (not that it's been a problem since I don't have time joining in on large ops). The introduction of Titans totally ruined large fleet battles. They were made to decrease the size of fleets, but funnily enough the fleets just got even bigger than before (since the Titans doomsday can be tanked anyway).
Quote:
In BREAKING EVE NEWS, there's been a devblog put up about the recent allegations. It reminds me very much of the Hutton report, except they also throw in a DDOS allegation (it's always a good idea for a company to threaten to sue its customers, I hear). I won't have said that I expected better, but I did hope for better, especially given that they actually paid attention to the Titan Manifesto.
Have you read the CAOD forum section of eve-o today? Seems like there's a lot of drama going on, so better find the popcorn. There's a thread about GoonSwarm disbanding, but I don't really believe it since it didn't come from the CEO. Vile Rat (in post #31) outed himself as a BoB spy which would be damn funny if the disbanding was just a joke
Quote:
In other news, Kieron remains the last person who should be the spokesman for any company ever, given the amount that he lies, and contradicts himself.
Agree. He's been commenting way too much on the issues regarding CCP giving favors to BoB. He has even commented on the investigations, something he should never do if he wants them to be seen as credible. I think Arkanon (leader of Internal Affairs) might be influenced by such people as Kieron.

Which alliance are you in? I'm in Morsus Mihi (some ex-planetarion corps there (hirr (my corp) and 4s).

Last edited by Nadar; 30 May 2007 at 09:18.
Nadar is offline   Reply With Quote