View Single Post
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 15:01   #105
Talin
Mildly Amused

Talin will become famous soon enoughTalin will become famous soon enough
Re: Is scanning for someone unfair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-
If the alliance limit rule isnt enforced whats to stop some morons from playing 400 people in the same alliance? and what would alliance rankings be worth then...
Nothing would stop them and nothing should stop them - other than their own competence and effort, of course.

Making an efficient and working alliance of 50 people is difficult. With 70 it's harder, with 400 is eight times as hard and would require a command structure and level of organization that I doubt modern-day alliances are capable of (and I would be happy if they were).

Either that, or they would be the cannonfodder and leecher/spy lair that mass-recruiting alliances were in the past, in which case I doubt anyone would be having a problem with them having 400 members.

I'd like you to be one of the "morons" who will try to run an alliance of 400 players and "win easily". It's not as easy as you make it sound. Even without the hardcored alliance limit it wouldn't be easy, much less when you actually have to fit 70 players in a winning tag, and the rest have to act as support.

You wouldn't keep them together for a day. Not to mention that talking about an alliance having 400, or even 200 members is pretty unrealistic today.

Last edited by Talin; 7 Jul 2007 at 15:11.
Talin is offline   Reply With Quote