Thread: Yo americans
View Single Post
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 19:53   #38
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yo americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Out of interest, is there any rational reason why the American right hate Hilary Clinton so passionately? I mean, I know she's a woman and obviously linked to Bill, but the bile seems to be off the scale and totally disproportionate to her actions. Did she set fire to a load of bibles covered in flags while battering puppies with George Washington's remains or something?
There's at least two camps of anti-Hillary sentiment. One is obviously the GOP, which, as you said, draws most of its animosity from the hatred of her husband that still gurgles through their veins. The right consistently tries to link the name 'Clinton' with fiscal irresponsibility, moral filth, you know...smear tactics.

The other is the progressive segment of the Democratic Party, and to a lesser extent, the greens, of which I consider myself a member. Hillary has a much more liberal reputation than she deserves, where she has a pro-war record to defend, not much of an environmental record to speak of, and a generally wussy stance on everything else.

Only the crazy evangelists stuck in the '50s hate her because she's got boobs, the rest don't think she's a very effective politician.