View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2009, 20:26   #59
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OOGOOA defence / support planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
it isnt the answer to the thread at all. Why was it suddenly discredited? Why was it credited? would it be credited again if another group had used it?
thats the real question.
The real discredit in the rules is that it gave rise to situations where the rule could be easily interpreted either way by the MH in situations that could determine ranking positions. These decisions had huge political impact and were nearly always wrong because the rules gave no help whatsoever to the MH. They had my sympathy in trying to apply this terrible rule while I was very frustrated at the way they applied it.

I also have my doubts as to why people wanted it in the first place - I suspect the external pressure on the MH was not because they were concerned with people out of tag. They thought planets were cheating, couldn't prove it and needed another reason to get these planets out of the way, so did that instead. So really, a number of people who supported this rule didn't really care about people not counting in tag anyway.

The worst decision made under this rule was the decision to award the round to Greenhills when he won. To use the OOGOOA rule to override the rule banning donations with the central intention to elevate planet rank which is a fundamental rule of the game all because the donations were 'in galaxy' (and has been outlawed since Singularity used it to win in round 3) was an absolute disgrace. But relative to the situation we kicked up little stink about it - in fact many of Ascendancy decided to praise Greenhills for his 'innovation' while in reality being totally disgusted with it all. There was little point arguing at the time, as people really hated us, for doing nothing else than being innovative. Exploit loopholes by all means, but breaking fundamental rules is unacceptable.

The rule is an absolute monster and should never be allowed to ruin this game again.

In the current situation, we have a few planets playing out of tag - I have not defended since this thread was posted, as I've not been around in the mornings lately to send defence. I am not in the tag because I am not active enough to contribute score, but I can send fast defence against a higher class of ship when called upon by SMS. When I have the time outside of work to attack, I will do so - until then, it's being woken on the train by JBG or getting up during the 5am tick to send defence when I happen to get up early for whatever reason. My sole concern is to help Ascendancy win, as it has been in tag. When in tag, I've played in the same sacrificial way, because I know people like me can be the difference. This is not cynical play, it is not cheating, it is not playing against the spirit of the game - it is simple dedication, organisation and tactics.

There is little else to discuss on the issue quite frankly as this is one of the rare situations where I know I'm right. I appreciate this thread is an attempt to throw crap at Ascendancy under the pretext of a rule (if it wasn't, you would have posted it on PD and written it quite differently). While it is within your right to do so, and a perfectly acceptable propaganda tactic, I think it's a pretty shit attempt and a really boring discussion.