View Single Post
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 12:59   #33
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: ETD: just a bad cold or terminal cancer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Are you saying that subverted ships should be killable, or that they should die after subversion? Even if you make them killable, it's still wide open to abuse; it was very rare I would have killed the defending xand stuff I was subverting anyway.
This may be the case, but less pronounced with multiple targeting. It really depends entirely on the stats of the day, and obviously statbuilders would have to keep this in mind.

Quote:
Also, how would steal be affected by subversion? Do you keep stolen ships, or do both stealing and stolen ship die?
Well, that depends on what you are talking about exactly. If you subvert a steal ship, and that steal ship fires on its own side and "steals", then you should really keep those stolen ships.

However, i think i like your idea of a "killing EMP" that you said pretty much in the first line: all subverted ships at the end of battle, but you keep the original (subverting) ships. That could potentially work, and it would be balanced through having poor firepower relative to normal EMP. Plus, ships with high Steal resistance could be used to counter said fleet in universal defence, for example.

Quote:
On the whole I have to say I don't like what I know about subversion.
Its complex, which could be fun. I think it would probably be worth working it out.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote