View Single Post
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 12:50   #32
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: ETD: just a bad cold or terminal cancer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Well, tbh i think the major failing was that subverted ships were indestructible. Remove that and sure, you might cause mayhem in either attack or defence, but you'll still loose the ships at the end of the day. That makes it less profitable to attack with green fleets.
Are you saying that subverted ships should be killable, or that they should die after subversion? Even if you make them killable, it's still wide open to abuse; it was very rare I would have killed the defending xand stuff I was subverting anyway.

Quote:
Also, have the race (eg, etd) backed up with moderate kill ships that are primarily suited to defence, and it should be OK.
Could work, but I still think we'd struggle unless we went heavy on the killships. Look at how hard to balance cath are for example.

Also, how would steal be affected by subversion? Do you keep stolen ships, or do both stealing and stolen ship die?

On the whole I have to say I don't like what I know about subversion.

If you attacked with BS and they defended with anything that wasn't a BS itself, subversion's just poor efficiency EMP because subverted stuff didn't shoot anything. Multiple targetting may improve that though.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote