View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2009, 00:01   #6
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of
Re: Did you know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
I was reading through some of the newer threads on these forums and noticed a lot of problems that occur are due to new players not being made aware of certain aspects of the game. Now while a lot of the game can be picked up fairly easily, aspects of mining and research trees, other areas aren't so obvious.

I would propose new functionality added to the game so that when you logged in you were presented with a "Did you know" pop up. This pop up would have more in depth hints and tips about the game which new players might be oblivious to. Examples would be

Did you know...Putting your fleet into prelaunch allows it to stay at your planet and not take part in combat

Did you know...The Cathaar beetle fires before the Phantom, making it ideal defense against Xan fighter fleets - (not exact but trying to convey the point)

Did you know...Repeated successful covert operations on other planets grants you a cumulative bonus

Stuff like that. This function could be disabled by a tick box "Never show this again".

Thoughts?
This sort of thing were meant to be (in my head at least) be part of a ingame "help" system that would show a bit more in depth info that pages normally show, some explanations etc. However as quite a few things this system got canned, atm i can't remember why but i think it was related to the lack of "writers" for the texts that would go with it.

But as ppl have pointed out, this would be a good idea, and it wouldn't be overly complicated either. We could just copy the great MS agent principle
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters

Last edited by Cincinnatus; 8 May 2009 at 00:28.
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote