View Single Post
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 00:08   #1
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
A sense of purpuose

Hi there people

Ive just graduated now, and ive got a job now. No more sitting and listening for me! not...
In order to get a decent job here in brazil, you must study hard to pass on a test to be admitted in the government career. By studying hard it means 1-2 years, 8 hoiurs a day.
Otherwise you will suffer from chronic fear of unemployment and constant low wages. If you want to suceed in the private sector, you must work 14 hours a day, and study at night(?) to improve your CV.

Thats the rule of the thumb. Of course a few people suceed without that much effort.

With that in mind, I dunno really what to do. things seem to lose importance quite fast to me. For instance, gaming. Gaming was/is a major part of my life, but it is utterlly useless. As for leisure, games without win/lose concepts are boring and crappy (the thumb again). games with win/lose are simply slotmachines. You want to play not because of the fun, but because of the possibility of winning. And off you go creating strategies which are crazy and you hope it to work. Also, when you lose, its not much of a fun game, is it now?
For the sake of discussion, i am not even talking about single player games. They are even more useless, because of the 'do as i say or you wont have fun' and the 'truman show' effect. (not to mention the rubberband effect, which is terrific at extirpating the believability of the game).
As for money goes, I really dont happen to have any need for it. I have a car and a house, and all my needs are fullfilled. It does not motivates me. As it porrly has happened to many of you, once you start earning money, you go off on a shopping spree, and then you realise that buying shit that you dont need is just pathetic.
I have a strong and solid love relationship with a girl i love, and things are going great in that matter, the same with friends/family.
When i think about reading or things like that, i think about the many books ive read, and the little it added me, at great time expense it cost. Being an intellectual? what for? to win some argument on a bar table, and then to be regarded as the obnoxious of the group?
I really have some extra time on my hands lately. Interestingly enough, ive gotten a taste for experimenting with plants, grown from the seeds of the fruits i eat. I plant them on airtight recipients, and let it open one day and close the next, and try to figure out if something is happening. I also have the idea of building a self balanced biosphere, despite the fact that it would be so very expensive and big....

This is not really a 'what should i do thread' considering im prolly going to go for the public career, just because in the future i might regret not having money. Having money is simply better than not having it, although im not sure why.

I am posting this to see if it has happened to any of you guys, this questioning of values, etc.
thanks

(no fight club remarks allowed)